We're Hiring a Bookkeeper!
The NewsGuild of New York is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multitasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Process payroll and expenses for staff each week through QuickBooks.
- Credit card statement activity must be posted timely and accurately.
- Unrealized gains and losses should be recorded on a monthly basis based off the investment statements.
- Contributions should be recorded on an actual basis rather than a cash basis.
- Expenses should be recorded on accrual basis rather than cash basis.
- Major equipment and software purchases should be capitalized to fixed assets rather than expensed.
- Inter-fund revenue and expenses should be recorded in accordance to budget.
- Distribute petty cash, as needed.
- Assist staff with administrative projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes.
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, contact info, three references and any other helpful documents to Local President Grant Glickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this story