Guild to offer a union training workshop series
President Bill O’Meara is pleased to announce that the Guild, in collaboration with Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, will be spearheading an education and training series that will assist in developing skills, strategies and techniques. The workshop will take place over the four weeks starting Wednesday October 16, 2013.
The topics that will be presented are:
- Preparation for Bargaining
- Grievance Handling
- Conflict Resolution
- Develop and absorb the dynamics and nuances of the bargaining process
- Learn skills to better handle grievances and understand complaints and gripes
- Manage conflict that arises with management and between members
- Create opportunities to understand the ebb and flow of the organizing process
- Workshops begin Wednesday October 16th for 4 consecutive Wednesdays
- Duration: 6pm-8pm
- Location: Guild headquarters, 1501 Broadway, Suite 708 (bet. 43rd and 44th Street)
- Members in good standing can register by calling Patty at 212-575-1580
About the Instructor: Arthur T. Matthews has served on the faculty at Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations for over two decades and teaches leadership on the undergraduate and graduate level at NYU. He also teaches and presents workshops and courses at the National Labor College. He has worked with organizations such as CWA Local 1180, the Laborers International Union of North America, DC 37 AFSCME as well as a previous weekend training program for the N.Y. Guild.
Share this story