Our parent union, NewsGuild-CWA, is hiring a Campaign Lead!
The NewsGuild, an affiliate of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) and a dynamic, member-led union, seeks a highly experienced and motivated campaign lead as a lead organizer on a comprehensive corporate campaign.
The position is initially slated to last a year but is subject to possible extension.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience running several simultaneous contract campaigns leading to supermajority strikes, developing community support for labor fights, and experience working on corporate campaigns. The position will report to the NewsGuild Administrative Director. You must be a self-starter with the ability to receive ongoing feedback and direction. This position requires long and varied hours, including some nights and weekends. This position will have remote opportunities, but will mostly be based in Pittsburgh, Penn. to support the workers on strike at the Post-Gazette. Frequent travel to Toledo, Ohio is also expected.
- Minimum five years experience running large campaigns against tough employers
- Experience running member-led strikes
- Experience facing well-run consultant campaigns
- Deep familiarity with private sector bargaining law and strategy
- Ability to relate, establish and cultivate meaningful relationships with members and to mobilize them to act
- Demonstrated success in providing direction and organizing training to member leaders
- The ability to write organizing plans
- Extensive experience working with coalitions
- Knowledge and experience using digital tools to organize workers across large distances
- Support workers on strike
- Work with union leaders to develop and implement a comprehensive corporate campaign
- Help to plan, organize, provide guidance and help to coordinate multiple ongoing union committees, including supervising and evaluating, leading, assigning, motivating and training members
- Organizing consumers in support of the union’s campaign
- Work with elected officials and community partners to support the union’s campaign
Competitive salary, starting at 87,570, with benefits. Position is covered by the Local Representatives Guild.
To apply, email email@example.com with the following three (3) separate documents:
- A letter of application that addresses how your experience and qualifications prepare you to hit the ground running
- Résumé including three references
- An example of an organizing plan, training, or contract campaign that you have run.
The NewsGuild of New York is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. Diversity in the workplace is to be valued and true collective strength for our members can only be achieved by including everyone. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Share this story