Now Hiring: Campaign Lead
The NewsGuild of New York, an affiliate of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) and a dynamic, member-led union, seeks a highly experienced and motivated campaign lead as a lead organizer on a comprehensive corporate campaign.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience running several simultaneous contract campaigns leading to supermajority strikes, developing community support for labor fights, and experience working on corporate campaigns. The position will report to The NewsGuild of New York president and mobilization director. You must be a self-starter with the ability to receive ongoing feedback and direction. This position requires long and varied hours, including some nights and weekends. The position is based in the New York and New Jersey region.
- Minimum five years experience running large campaigns against tough employers
- Experience facing well-run consultant campaigns
- Deep familiarity with private sector bargaining law and strategy
- Ability to relate, establish and cultivate meaningful relationships with members and to mobilize them to act
- Demonstrated success in providing direction and organizing training to member leaders
- The ability to write organizing plans
- Extensive experience working with coalitions
- Knowledge and experience using digital tools to organize workers across large distances
- Work with union leaders to develop and implement a comprehensive corporate campaign
- Help to plan, organize, provide guidance and help to coordinate multiple ongoing union committees, including supervising and evaluating, leading, assigning, motivating and training members
- Develop an escalating contract campaign culminating in a supermajority strike
- Organizing consumers in support of the union’s campaign
- Work with elected officials and community partners to support the union’s campaign
Salary starts at $85,000, commensurate with experience. Union-represented position, covered by the Local Representatives Guild.
To apply, email email@example.com with the following four (4) separate documents:
- A letter of application that addresses how your experience and qualifications prepare you to hit the ground running
- Résumé including three references
- An example of an organizing plan, training, or campaign that you have run.
- Writing sample(s), other than organizing plan.
The NewsGuild of New York is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. Diversity in the workplace is to be valued and true collective strength for our members can only be achieved by including everyone. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Share this story