Tentative contract settlement reached at The Hour in Norwalk
Ratification meeting set for next Tuesday
The Guild and The Hour of Norwalk, Conn., have reached a tentative agreement on a new three-year contract. The settlement includes significant savings in medical insurance, including lower deductibles and lower employee contributions; wage increases for the life of the contract; increased reimbursement for car expenses; and some enhancements to job security. The Guild bargaining committee recommends the settlement for ratification.
Highlights of the agreement are:
- Three year contract running from date of ratification through March 31, 2015
- Wage increases each year of the contract: 2% on April 1, 2012; 2% on April 1, 2013; 2% on April 1. 2014
- Effective April 1, 2012 medical coverage provided by United Furniture Workers Blue Cross Blue Shield, a union-managed organization providing health insurance exclusively for union members.
- Effective April 1, 2012, decreases in employee contributions to medical coverage and in employee deductibles.
- Increase in reimbursement for car expenses.
- Enhanced job security provisions that guarantee Guild representation during discipline and protect against full-time employees being replaced by temporary or freelance workers.
The Guild has scheduled a unit ratification meeting to explain and vote on the proposed contract on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. in the Hour conference room.