Industry | Covering Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era: Are You Ready?
New York journalists are inviting the public to a discussion of sexual harassment and misconduct, an issue that not only has captured national headlines but also has directly affected the city’s media industry. “Covering Sexual Misconduct in the #MeToo Era: Are You Ready?” will convene a panel of journalists who have broken stories and analyzed the #MeToo movement. They will be joined by an employment law expert to discuss covering sexual misconduct allegations and handling sexual harassment on the job, from varying perspectives.
The March 13 program will be sponsored by the Deadline Club, which is the New York City chapter of the nation’s oldest, broadest-based journalism professional organization, the Society of Professional Journalists. Panelists will be:
- Koa Beck, editor-in-chief of Jezebel
- Alexandra DeSanctis, National Review fellow and co-host of “The Liberty Files” podcast
- Minna Kotkin, law professor and director of the Brooklyn Law School Employment Law Clinic
- Emily Steel, media reporter, The New York Times
- Jessica Seigel (Moderator), adjunct professor at the NYU Journalism School and former Chicago Tribune national
Tuesday’s panel will be held at CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, 219 W. 40th Street, New York, NY 10018. A reception will begin at 6:30 p.m., and the discussion will start at 7. Tickets are free for Deadline Club members and students and $10 for non-members. Registration can be done online here or through the homepage announcement at DeadlineClub.org.